We'll go straight to the biggest attraction (literally) in town...
1) The Breakaways* - breathtaking views not to be missed with fantastic viewpoints located 25km north of town.
2) The Dog Fence* - marvel at this man-made structure, in fact the longest continual construction in the world, stretching 5,300km.
3) Umoona Opal Mine & Museum* - this original old mine on the main street is a "must see" in Coober Pedy. Take a guided tour, view a genuine dug-out home on display and learn all the facts at the historic opal mining interpretive centre and Aboriginal interpretive centre.
4) Underground Church* - our favourite of the four underground churches is the Serbian Orthodox Church for its lovely carvings into the rock and stunning acoustics.
5) Underground Home* - there are a few options in town, including the home at the Umoona Mine, but for a taste of modern underground dwellings, make sure you join on of our Stuart Range Outback Bus Tours and exclusively see a new home being dug out!
*You can see all of our favourite attractions above on one of our Stuart Range Outback Bus Tours (www.stuartrangeoutbackresort.com.au/coober-pedy-tours), leaving daily from the resort from late-April to mid-October. This 5 hour tour is a great comprehensive overview of everything ‘Coober Pedy’ with a local guide.
Make sure you book your seat online to avoid disappointment during the busy winter months.