Dogs are welcome on application at Manager's discretion. Please contact us directly on 1800 069 388 to discuss your pet and travel needs.
Park Conditions for Pets
Dogs are welcome on application and at Manager's discretion. Please contact us directly on 1800 069 388 to discuss your pet and travel needs.
Date Restrictions DO NOT Apply
Park Conditions for Pets
Thank you for looking to stay at BIG4 Whitsundays Tropical Eco Resort, a proud member of BIG4 Holiday Parks. Under special arrangement with BIG4, we have opted to allow dogs to stay in our park under strict conditions. It is of course our intent and goal to provide you with not only a wonderful and enjoyable stay with us, but also a safe and happy one.
In order to ensure the comfort, enjoyment and safety of all of the guests staying with us, we have established a set of clear and enforceable rules to ensure that all dog owners take responsibility and will act responsibly in regards to the actions and behaviour of their dog.
We have a limited number of pet friendly accommodation options available at an additional cost
Please note, that all pets must be pre-approved prior to making a booking. Acceptance is always at the discretion of the park manager, and such acceptance can be withdrawn at any time by the park manager at their discretion, if they believe that the acceptance of that dog to stay in the park is not in the best interests of the park. Please note, that some breeds of dogs will not be accepted. Bookings can only be made by contacting the park directly (not through a website).
A valid credit card will be held as security and the registered guest will be liable for any damages associated with the dog.
After reading this policy, we request that you, as the dog’s guardian, are required to make a commitment to the rules by signing this agreement, and as such your dog will be bound by these rules and conditions.
Owner Name (s): _______________________________ size of dog: S/M/L
Dogs Name: _______________________________
Age of Dog: _______________________________
BIG4 Whitsundays Tropical Eco Resort prides itself on being one of the best pet friendly parks in Australia.
Please also be aware that failure to adhere to these rules, will result in you being asked to leave the park immediately without refund or recourse (Note: These rules are the BIG4 minimum standards and requirements):
- The dog must be leashed at all times whilst not in your van or tent or other accommodations. No exceptions. A leash must be no more than two metres in length. This includes no dog ‘runs’ to be set up.
- The dog must be supervised at all times and never left unattended including inside a tent or van or other accommodations.
- For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed in any common areas of the park including: cafe, pool area, games room, camp kitchen, amenities, playground, reception or any public areas.
- For health and safety reasons dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere within the park. Additionally, any dog related accessories such as dog blankets, etc. should not be washed or cleaned within the park.
- Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s or pet’s waste, in a sealed plastic bag and disposed of in rubbish bins.
- Dog owners are personally responsible, and will be held to be so, for any and all personal injuries and/or property damage or losses in relation to any actions by, or because of, their dog and agree to pay for any claims of compensation in relation to the dog’s activities. A credit card will be stored on file for any incidentals relating to your beloved pooch.
- The dog owner must agree that the park owner/manager reserves the right to evict any guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, aggressive, found off leash or the subject of complaints from other guests. It is the dog owner’s responsibility and the dog owner’s alone to control and manage their dog. If in the view of the park management this has not happened to an acceptable level the owner and the dog may be evicted from the park, without prior warning, immediately at the manager’s discretion.
- The dog owner must contact BIG4 Whitsundays Tropical Eco Resort directly in advance of arrival to apply to have their dog accepted into the Park. Upon arrival it is at the managers’ discretion as to whether to accept the dog in the park. Upon acceptance by the park manager the dog owner must then agree to and sign the standard “BIG4 Dog Policy Dog Owner Agreement’ document. It will not be possible under such rules to book with a dog on BIG4.com.au.