The Amazing Tropical Far North
Guests are always amazed at the number of things that there are to see and do on the Atherton Tablelands, with many wished they had allowed more time to explore this fantastic region and our park is centrally located to it all! Some highlights are listed for you below from our own itinerary.
Highlights of our '7 Day Itinerary' include:
- Day 1: Visit Atherton Chinatown, just a short stroll away.
- Day 2: Visit the beautiful waterfalls with a drive out to Milla Milla. You might also like to visit the Nerada Tea Plantation or Mungalli Creek Dairy - an award winning dairy known for their organic cheeses, milk and yoghurt.
- Day 3: The gorgeous village of Yungabuura is close by with its quaint art galleries and nic nac shops. Take the time to enjoy the Curtain Fig Tree, Gallo's Cheese and the Avenue of Honor - a peaceful memorial to our fallen soldiers.
- Day 4: Heading north a little way you can admire the craftsmanship of the various pieces at the Tolga Woodworks.
- Day 5: Coffee and Wine Tasting Day. There are a number of coffee plantations and wineries in the Mareeba area, just a half hour drive away, all offering tastings and tours.
- Day 6: The Herberton Historic Village is an absolute must see. It is very easy to spend the entire day here while you explore the town and step back in time as you wander through buildings dated back to 1870. Enjoy the old Grocery Store, the Blacksmiths, school rooms and so much more.
- Day 7: Kuranda Markets are just a 50 minute drive from Atherton. We are also very happy to make your Kuranda Train and Skyrail bookings for you.
Don't forget to leave some time to relax in our beautiful Balinese cabana and enjoy our wondrous gardens and birdlife. If you are feeling a little adventurous there is a 2km bushwalk located at the back of our park and the world-class mountain bike trails are just a 2km ride away.
We look forward to sharing our piece of paradise with you.
Call: 1800 041 441