Film makers from around the world have been attracted to our unique outback landscape!
This spaceship, found in the Coober Pedy town area, is from the set of Pitch Black, a movie starring Vin Diesel. Keep reading below for more flicks filmed in the area...
Movies (parts or whole) filmed in or around Coober Pedy include:
- Fire in the Stone (1984)
- Opal Dream (2006)
- Until the End of the World (1991)
- Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
- Ground Zero (1987)
- The Blood of Heroes (1989)
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)
- Pitch Black (2000)
- Red Planet (2000)
- Kangaroo Jack (2003)
- Science Fiction Volume One: The Osiris Child (2016)
Don't just see us on the screen, come and visit Coober Pedy for yourself! BIG4 Stuart Range Outback Resort is the perfect place to base yourself to explore, with modern apartments and pet friendly caravan and camping sites.