Coober Pedy is not your run-of-the-mill holiday location and we've put together a few tips and hints to make your visit to our outback desert location easier.
Whether Coober Pedy is your destination, or you are visiting us on the way north or south through Central Australia, we have put together a few top tips to make your stay even more enjoyable.
1) Book ahead - this is especially important during the busy winter months.
2) It gets very busy in the park in the winter months! We don't have marked sites, but during the busier periods we have our team directing caravan parking onto sites. While our check-in process is efficient, we do appreciate your patience should you arrive during peak hours.
3) If you are visiting in winter - bring warm clothes. We are in the desert, but it does get cold at night (and sometimes the daytime too!).
4) Water is a precious resource. To preserve our supplies for years to come, we have coin-operated showers in our amenities block. The 20 cents per 2 minutes ensures that showers are not left running or excessive water is used. You can put in multiple coins for a longer shower.
5) No water to sites. As mentioned above, we need to preserve our precious water in the desert. We do have a top-up facility at a noimnal fee, but do appreciate if you come with water onboard.
We hope this has helped you to prepare for your special visit to our wonderful little town. Make sure you visit our in-house Nostimo Pizzeria (open seasonally) and browse the opals at Gaea Gems. During the peak season, our Outback Bus Tours run daily and are the perfect way to get the most out of your stay in Coober Pedy.