10 asparagus spears
10 thin slices prosciutto
300g small sourdough loaf, sliced
2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into 5mm slices
1 red capsicum, sliced into 2cm strips
200g punnet cherry tomatoes on the vine
2 smoked chorizos, sliced
1 x 150g burrata, or fresh buffalo mozzarella
Balsamic glaze, to serve
½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, to garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic and herb oil ingredients. Trim the dry stalk ends off the asparagus. Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of prosciutto. Using a basting brush, brush the slices of bread, zucchini slices, red capsicum strips, and cherry tomatoes with the garlic and herb oil.
2. Prepare the BBQ for direct cooking over medium-high heat (210-250°C).
3. Brush the cooking grill clean. Add the zucchini, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, chorizo slices, and asparagus to the BBQ. Close the lid and grill over direct medium-high heat for 2-3min or until caramelised. Flip all ingredients and continue cooking for a further 2-3min or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove from the BBQ, and set aside.
4. Brush the cooking grill clean and toast the slices of bread over direct medium-high heat for 2min on each side or until the bread has nice grill marks. Remove from the BBQ and cut into individual portions.
5. Arrange all the grilled ingredients on a platter with the burrata, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the chorizo, and garnish with fresh basil.
Added note: The caramelisation from the BBQ adds a wonderful flavour and sweetness.
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
3cm ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
1 tsp salt
Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 tbsp tomato paste
4 tbsp white vinegar
4 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp white sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30min. In a large bowl, combine all the brine ingredients and the prepared prawns. Refrigerate for an hour to brine.
2. Prepare the BBQ for direct cooking over high heat (230-290°C). Remove the prawns from the brine and thread three prawns onto each skewer. Combine all the baste ingredients and apply to the prawns with a basting brush just before grilling.
3. Grill the prawns over direct high heat, with the lid closed, for 4min. Flip once halfway through the cooking time or until the prawns have cooked through.
4. Serve the prawns immediately with the sweet and sour sauce.