Below are the conditions of entry that must be observed for guests entering BIG4 Holiday parks in the state of New South Wales
Anyone who has respiratory symptoms or fever (>37.5°C), even if they only have mild symptoms, must:
- Advise staff
- Immediately get tested for COVID-19 and;
- Place themselves in isolation until they have received their result.
As per the Public Health Order, from 11 October 2021 until the 1st of November: (please see clause 6.6)
- Unvaccinated persons** can only take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground if the caravan park or camping ground is in the same LGA in which the person resides. Unvaccinated persons are not allowed to access onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults.
- Vaccinated persons who reside in Greater Sydney can take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground located in Greater Sydney, but not outside Greater Sydney. Vaccinated persons are allowed to access the onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults.
- Vaccinated persons who reside outside Greater Sydney can take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground located outside Greater Sydney, but not in Greater Sydney. Vaccinated persons are allowed to access the onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults.
From the 1st of November travel for vaccinated guests will be unrestricted.
** However, as each BIG4 Park is individually owned and operated, conditions of entry are at the parks discretion.
All those entering a BIG4 Holiday park must comply with government and Public Health Order directions while on the premises. This includes but is not limited to:
- Checking in using the NSW QR code
- 1 person per 2 sqm rule applies in all outdoor communal areas such as BBQ areas, camp kitchens, etc.
- 1 person per 4 sqm rule applies in all indoor communal areas such as camp kitchens, indoor areas, etc
- Maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing.
- Outdoor Gatherings must not exceed 50 people at any time.
- Everyone must practice good hand hygiene.
- All guests, including long-term casuals and visitors, MUST complete a guest declaration at check-in/arrival.
- Park rules and conditions must be followed.
- All staff instructions must be followed.
Currently (at stage one of reopening) the following facilities can not open to any guests*:
- Games Rooms
As per the public health order, unvaccinated guests are not allowed to enter the following premises within a caravan park (please see clause 2.18)
- Indoor Basketball Court
- Indoor Bowling Green
- Indoor Cinema / TV / Theatre room
- Food & Drink Premises / Cafe / Bars (unvaccinated guests can purchase takeaway)
- Hairdresser / beauty salon
- Library / Reading Room
- Indoor Playground
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Waterpark
- Indoor Waterpark
*please note, some parks may choose to keep certain facilities closed.
Browse our New South Wales park pages here