Kids Fun at Taunton Farm and Margaret River
Here at Taunton Farm Holiday Park we are all about relaxing fun for all of the family. Our kids fun list will help you plan some family friendly activities for your stay in the magnifient south-west.
Check out the kids fun activities right here at Taunton Farm Holiday Park so you can have a relaxing break too. The Margaret River Region has so many family friendly activities within a short drive of us - the challenge will be fitting it all into your stay!
Kids and family fun
Kids Fun At Taunton Farm Holiday Park:
- Feed the animals - 5pm daily near the fence in front of the barbecue shed. Don’t be late!
- Bouncy pillow and playground - Hours of kid fun! Make new friends, grab some great sun and exercise.
- Go-kart fun - we have two go-karts available for hire during daylight hours - $10 for 50 minutes.
- Barbecue or picnic - breakfast, lunch and dinner tastes better when its cooked on the barbecue! Kids can play while dad and mum relax.
- Big screen movies - weather permitting and in peak season, bring the deckchairs, pillows and blankets for a movie under the stars.
- Toast some marshmallows - what winter country experience would be complete without a fire and toasting marshmallows? We provide wood for the fire pit and pot belly stove in the shed and also the marshmallow forks. Please bring your own marsmallows (P.S. If you forgot the marshmallows we have some in the shop).
Take A Walk:
- Margaret River Dairy Company (next door to the north) has cheese tastings daily from 9am. They also have icecream and milkshakes.
- 3 Oceans Winery - Up the driveway and through the trees (south) just past the speed hump is the walkway. Kid friendly café is open Wednesday-Sunday 9am-3pm with great coffee, scrumptious breakfast and lunch. They have a great kids activity and play area and free wireless internet. Enjoy a tasting or glass of wine while the kids play seven days per week 10am-5pm. Best of all they offer 10% off to Taunton Farm Holiday Park guests.
- Take an evening stroll or bike ride down the laneway behind the Old School Function Rooms to Boundary Road. Enjoy the delightful scenery and keep your eyes open for Kiara the camel (she loves carrots) and the many kangaroos in the paddocks along Boundary Road.
Fun Close To Taunton Farm:
- Harmans Mill Road - One road - so much to see!
- Silk Road Silk Worm Farm has kid friendly interactive displays and holds silk art and painting classes for kids through the school holidays. Don’t forget to check out the mulberry jam.
- Supa Putt and Big Ball Golf provides hours of family laughs and fun.
- No visit to Margaret River is complete without calling into the Chocolate Factory - a warehouse full of all things chocolate including ice-creams, cakes and handmade chocolate treats!
- Turn onto Tom Culity Drive for awesome nougat at Bettanays.
- Follow the road to Caves Road and the Cheeky Monkey Brewery or Bootleg Brewery for all day lunches. Dad and mum can relax, enjoy a beer, cider or wine while the kids run off all that chocolate energy in the kids adventure playground.
- Cowaramup Township
- Check out the Candy Cow Lolly Shop - famous for its fudge, nougat, honeycomb and more.
- Moon Haven for delicious hand made natural soaps, skincare, gifts, crystals etc.
- 2 Café’s serving a variety of delicious snacks, meals and drinks.
- Cowaramup Skate Park - remember the helmets and kneepads!
- Millers Ice Cream Farm Café - 3km along Wirring Road just south of Cowaramup - delicious creamy ice creams and milk straight from the dairy. Parents can enjoy a Yahava Coffee and home-baked cake while the kids enjoy some fresh air in the playground.
Kid Fun in Margaret River:
- Farmers’ Markets - 8am-12pm every Saturday. Located just south of the Margaret River High School. A food adventure for all the family - fine, fresh and local - from the Margaret River Region producers direct to you.
- Margaret River Aquatic Centre - indoor heated pool for year round swimming.
- Margaret River Skate Park - remember the helmets and kneepads!
- Margaret River Fudge Factory - See fudge and chocolate being made.
- Ye Olde Lolly Shoppe - great selection of old style hard candies and lollies.
Family Fun Further Afield:
- CaveWorks - sensational, educational and not to be missed!
- Jewel Cave and Lake Cave have daily guided tours.
- Mammoth Cave is a self guided experience.
- The 3-Cave Pass allows you seven days to see them all so you don’t get all ‘caved’ out.
- Throw in a tour of the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse for a few dollars extra
- Ngili Cave is further north near Dunsborough.
- Whale Watching Tours - Legend, All Sea, and Naturaliste Charters offer several tours a day from the new Augusta Boat Harbour in autumn/winter and Dunsborough in spring. Some weeks of the season, the whales are everywhere in the bay with dozens of sightings daily on every tour of whales and sometimes dolphins, sea lions and even the occasional orca! A day your kids will remember for a long time. Remember to pack the cameras and movie cameras! Most offer a ‘whale guarantee’.
- Hamlin Bay - follow the road all the way to the boatramp then walk down to the wooden structure to the left of the ramp to see the magnificent wild stingrays that glide up and down the beachfront looking for their next feed from the local fisherman. Some of them are huge - surely something to be amazed at.
- Mazes - we have three terrific mazes in the area. A Maze’n located a few minutes south of Margaret River boasts five hectares of stunning botanical gardens, mini-mazes, barbecue and picnic areas and mini golf. Get lost in the famous half hectare hedge maze! Check out the Boranup Forest Maze on the edge of the beautiful Boranup Karri Forest. Or head north to Yallingup Maze for an ever-changing 3D timber maze and a stack of indoor activities if the weather is a bit ordinary.
- Animal Petting Farms - Sunflower Animal Farm offers 30 different sorts of friendly animals to pat and feed, including a baby animal nursery, pony and tractor rides, playground, and barbecue and picnic area. Wonky Windmill near Yelverton has farm animals, free tastings of products, jams, oils etc, fruit picking in season, picnic and café area. Countrylife Farm near Dunsborough has friendly animals to pet and all rides included in entry fee - bouncy castle, merry-go-round, giant slide, etc., as well as an indoor play area.
- Yallingup Shearing Shed - handfeed the sheep and lambs, live shearing amd sheepdog shows every day except Thursday and Friday. Learn the history of sheep, shearing and wool in Australia. Picnic under the redgums.
- Eagles Heritage - Raptor Rehabilitation Centre - features Australia’s largest collection of birds of prey. Flying displays daily at 11am-1:30pm (weather permitting). Put on a glove and have one sit on your arm! Mention you are from Taunton Farm Holiday Park for a discount on entry.
- Bellview Shell Museum - just north of Witchcliffe - boasts one of the largest shell collections in the southern hemisphere. Over 200 square metres packed with over 30,000 rare and magnificent specimens. This is what happens when collecting becomes a true passion - prepare to be amazed!
- Horse Riding - a variety of excellent horse-riding tours and experiences for beginners through to experienced riders are available in the area at Jester’s Flat Horse Riding, The Humble Horse, Margaret River Horse Back Tours, and The Horse Resort.
- Bike Riding - The Hairy Marron right beside the Margaret River hires a variety of mountain bikes suitable for simple day-touring or tackling an adventure bike ride. Expert information on the many biking trails throughout the region will help you have a memorable full or half day family adventure. Take a tour from Cowaramup to Margs on the old rail trail or a simple ride through the magnificent forests on well marked tracks. The Hairy Marron Café will have delicious coffee and snacks awaiting your return. While you are there, check out the old buildings of the early settlement village.
- Learn To’s - Margaret River Climbing Co - exciting adventures in rock climbing, abseiling and cave guiding - contact the Margaret River Visitors Centre on 9780 5911, Stand-up Paddle Surfing on 9780 5911, Josh Palmateer Learn to Surf on 9757 3850, and Kitesurfing and Windsurfing on 0419 959 053.
- Wardan Aboriginal Cultural Centre - bush tucker and story trail, mia mia’s, tool making and spear throwing, and art and dance.
- Naturalise Reptile Park - learn about and interact with snakes, goannas, lizards, etc.
- Naturaliste Indoor Climbing Centre, Dunsborough - a variety of safe indoor climbing walls.
- Busselton Archery and Family Fun Park - Archery, Ozzi Bug (electric) kids cars, bungy rin, mini golf, picnic and barbecue area.
- Xscape At The Cape - (Quindalup) Kids and family fun at the water park - water slides, maze, sliding train, trampolines, wacky putt, jungle mountain, tiki mountain/island. There is a café on site, and spectators are free.
- Busselton Jetty - walk the world famous icon or catch the jetty train. Check out the interpretive centre and museum, descend 8m to the ocean floor via a spiral staircase to view some of the 300 marine species that live below the jetty.
- Beaches Beaches Beaches! there are so many magnificent beaches in the area, there is sure to be one just right for you
- Simmos Ice Cream - one of the best ice cream experiences you will have. Goofy golf, adventure playground and Edward the emu - loads of space for a barbecue, picnic or game of cricket with the family. What a great way to end the day!
Call: 1800 248 777
- Adventure Playground
- Close to Tourist Attractions
- Groups Welcome
- Kids Activities
- Jumping Pillow(s)
- Landscaped Gardens
- Quiet and relaxing location
- Wineries close by
- Kids Movies