Mountain Bike Riding
With Buxton Mountain Bike Park 11km away, and Lake Mountain 40km away, BIG4 Taggerty Holiday Park is the perfect place to stay on your next mountain biking weekend away. Also the Great Victorian Rail Trail is only 18km away.
- Buxton Mountain Bike Park has 20km of purpose built single bike tracks (opens Saturday 19 September).
- Lake Mountain has 16km of single bike tracks (opens after the snow has gone).
- The Great Victorian Rail Trail has over 121km of bike trails from Tallarook to Mansfield and Eildon.
Buxton Mountain Bike Park
Buxton Mountain Bike Park:
- Buxton Mountain Bike Park is situated within the Black Range State Forest, approximately 100km north-east of Melbourne. There is approximately 20km of purpose built mountain bike single track in the park that can be ridden in a number of different length loops. The trails are ridden in one direction and are signed accordingly.
- The trails are characterised by gentle climbs and fast flowing descents. When ridden with care, the majority of trails are suitable for riders of all abilities, but when ridden faster, the tracks are more challenging.
- Lake Mountain has constructed approximately 16km of single track mountain bike trail. Completed so far is one main loop called the Granite Grind (No. 7) and this is graded 'more difficult', suited for intermediate riders. There is also a small loop called 'Lenny’s Loop', (No. 6), graded as 'easy', suited for beginners. Both of these single track loops are situated south of the Visitor Centre. To the north of the Visitor Centre are approximately 30km of wide beginners trails, all graded as easy.
Check out the awesome new Cascades trail to be opened shortly https://www.facebook.com/MurrindindiCycleClub/videos/623037794791690/
Call: 1800 880 895