Welcome to Bright and surrounds, an area of outstanding natural beauty, of mountains and rivers, lush fertile valleys and picturesque historic towns. Whether you plan a multi-day hike through national parks, or venture on one of our recommended shorter day walks for a few hours or a day, there is something to suit all levels of fitness and experience, no matter the season.
Important Information and Cautions
Weather conditions can change rapidly in alpine areas snowfalls and blizzards can be experienced at any time of the year.
Be prepared with:
• Wind and waterproof jackets
• Warm clothing such as hat, gloves and strong footwear
• First aid kit for longer walks
• Energy food and enough water for the day
• Compass and relevant topographical map
• Let someone know before you go and ensure you check road conditions before setting out. Many roads and tracks are closed seasonally during the colder, wetter months for environmental and safety reasons.
Download the bright and surrounds walks and trails guide
Inspire someone you know to get out and explore this beautiful country of ours. Start them on their way by surprising them with a BIG4 Gift Card.