If you're camping or caravanning with us, then your four-legged friend is more than welcome. Dogs are required to remain on leash at all times in the park grounds, but you'll find Castlemaine is very much a pooch-friendly town. Many locals take their dogs to the Botanical Gardens right next door for a daily on-leash walk and there's an off-leash dog park at Wesley Hill, on the road to Chewton, just a few minutes' drive from BIG4 Castlemaine. Don't hesitate to give us a call or send an email if you have any questions about arrangements for your dog. Full Terms and Conditions for bringing your four-legged friend can be found below.
Terms and Conditions of bringing your dog into the park
BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park shall be referred to as ‘We’ in the following text and ‘You’ being the person whose name and signature appears within the Guest Declaration, and in consideration of bringing your dog with you during your stay at BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park.
Thank you for choosing to stay at BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park, a proud member of the BIG4 Holiday Parks Group. We, under special arrangement with BIG4, have opted to allow dogs to stay in our park under limited and strict conditions. It is of course our intent and goal to provide you with not only a wonderful and enjoyable stay with us, but also a safe and happy one.
To ensure the comfort, enjoyment and safety of all of the guests staying with us, with or without dogs, we have both a legal and moral requirement to establish a set of clear and enforceable rules to ensure that all dog owners take responsibility and will act responsibly in regard to the actions and behaviour of their dogs.
Please note that all and any dogs (and animals in general) must be pre-approved prior to making a booking and that booking being accepted by the park. Acceptance of a particular dog is always at the discretion of the park manager and such acceptance can be withdrawn at any time by the park manager at their discretion if they believe that the acceptance of that dog to stay in the park is not in the best interests of the park. Please note that some breeds of dogs will not be accepted.
After reading the following policies it is required that, you, as the guardian of the dog make a commitment that by signing our Guest Registration card prior to arrival, that you and as such your dog will be strictly bound by the stated conditions and rules.
BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park allows a limited number of dogs in the park at any one given time staying with owners on camping or caravan sites only. Allocation of sites will be based on this. We do not allow dogs to accompany owners staying in any of our Cabins, as pets of any kind are not permitted inside our Cabin accommodation.
Restrictions may apply to peak periods, holiday periods, long weekends and special events.
Rules of occupancy with your dog
Please also be aware that failure to adhere to these rules will result in you being asked to leave the park immediately without refund or recourse (Note: These rules are the BIG4 minimum standards and requirements)
You agree to the following rules:
- The dog must be registered with your local council
- The dog must have had all required vaccinations and medications
- The dog must be leashed at all times whilst not in your van or tent or other accommodations. No exceptions. A leash must be no more than 2 metres in length. This includes no dog ‘runs’ to be set up by dog owners.
- The dog must be supervised at all times and never left unattended including inside a tent or van or other accommodations.
- For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed in any common areas of the park including: The games room, camp kitchen, amenities, playgrounds, reception or any public areas.
- For health and safety reasons dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere within the park. Additionally, any dog related accessories such dog blankets, etc should not be washed or cleaned within the park.
- Dogs may only be walked in the designated areas of the park. Dogs are not to be walked around the park, including exiting the park except via a designated route.
- Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s or pet’s waste, in a sealed ‘doggy do’ plastic bag and disposed of in rubbish bins.
- Dog owners are personally responsible, and will be held to be so, for any and all personal injuries and/or property damage or losses in relation to any actions by or because of their dog.
- The dog owner must agree that the park owner/manager reserves the right to evict any guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, and aggressive or the subject of complaints from other guests. It is the dog owner’s responsibility and the dog owner’s alone to control and manage their dog. If in the view of the park management this has not happened to an acceptable level the owner and the dog may be evicted from the park, without prior warning, immediately at the manager’s discretion.
- The dog owner must contact the park directly in advance of arrival to apply to have their dog accepted at BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park. Upon arrival it is at the managers’ discretion whether or not to accept the dog in the park.
- Dogs may only be walked via the paved road when directly exiting the park. Otherwise there are no designated areas within the Park where dogs may be walked. The park is adjacent to the Castlemaine Botanical Gardens and a large open grassed area also abuts the park.
- Dogs are permitted with site occupants only, not with Cabin occupants.
- Dogs or pets are not permitted inside any Cabin accommodation for any reason.
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up and removing any dog food left on the site.
In consideration of the terms and conditions found above, you accept the courtesy extended by BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park, wherein you are allowed to keep your dog on the site assigned to you. You hereby agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions and be bound by them in the event of non-adherence to any of these rules.
By signing the Guest Declaration, you acknowledge that you have read, fully understand and agree to all of the terms of this agreement and agree to indemnify BIG4 Castlemaine Gardens Holiday Park, its managers, operators and owners and their respective affiliates from all and any liability and/or damage or financial loss suffered as a result of any actions of or because of your dog.