State of the Art Holidays in Bendigo
Explore Bendigo and discover a fantastic world of art and cultural activities and attractions for all ages - right on our doorstep. Our amazing Victorian 'country town' delivers a 'State-of-the-Art' showcase of music, theatre, art and fascinating Chinese and Goldrush history with something to see and do every day of the year. Visit our award-winning Bendigo Art Gallery and see world-class exhibitions. Tune in to the renowned 4-day Blues and Roots Music Festival in November. Enjoy acclaimed and entertaining performances at four theatre spaces. Spend time at Bendigo Pottery and create your own unique souvenir. Come and stay and explore more of Bendigo.
Wander gardens at Bendigo Art Gallery
Treat your family and friends to a 'State-of-the-Art' Holiday in Bendigo. BIG4 Bendigo Marong is the ideal base to start to explore the Goldfields area. We're just 15 minutes from the Bendigo CBD, away from the hustle and bustle of our vibrant town but close enough to enjoy all the action. In fact, in our little pocket of Marong, we're just 10 minutes from the sacred Buddhist monument 'The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion' and home of the recently returned giant jade statue of Buddha which has become a major attraction for tourists.
The Marong area was first squatted from the mid-1840s and used as a gold washing site and commissioners camp. By 1861 there were 36 dwellings at Marong. The majority of residents were farmers. Our own historic hotel The Marong Family Hotel is walking distance from our park. The original Hotel was built on the present site in 1865. Tragically it burnt down in early 1917 but was rebuilt later that year.
There's so much to see and do in and around Bendigo, you'll want to plan your "must-sees" and consider coming back a few times to soak it all in at your leisure. Whether you're interested in history, architecture, art, theatre or food, there really is something for everyone.
Here are just some of the major attractions you'll want to consider exploring during your stay. Ask our local team for more information when you book or check-in. We' love nothing more than sharing our inside knowledge on what to see and do in and around Bendigo.
Focus on Art
- Bendigo Art Society
- Bendigo Living Arts Space
- Post Office Gallery
- Bendigo Pottery
- Castlemaine Art Gallery & Historical Museum
- Central Goldfields Regional Art Gallery – Marlborough
- Falkner Gallery – Castlemaine
- Enlighten Festival (29 -31 August 2018)
- White Night Bendigo Event (1st Sept 2018)
- Marong Farmers Market
Focus on History
- Golden Dragon Museum
- Bendigo Joss House Temple
- Bendigo Tramways Vintage Talking Tram
- Castlemaine Steam Train to Maldon
- Buda Historic Home & Garden - Castlemaine
- Coach House Art Gallery & Museum – Wedderburn
- Eucalyptus Distillery Museum – Inglewood
- Bendigo Town Hall Tour
- Bendigo Historic Post Office Tour
- Golden Nugget Discovery Tours
- Central Deborah Gold Mine & Tours
- Sandhurst Gaol Tour
- Fortuna Villa – Golden Square, Bendigo – Gold Rush History and Heritage – Tours & High Teas
- The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion
- Discovery Science & Technology Centre – Bendigo
Focus on Theatre
- Bendigo Theatre Company
- The Capital Theatre
- The Engine Room
- Ulumbarra Theatre
- Theatre Royal – Castlemaine
Focus on Music
- The Blues Tram
- Maldon Folk Festival 2-5 November
- The Blues and Roots Music Festival (8-11th November 2018)
And to ensure you have plenty of time to explore and relax, consider one of our special accommodation offers. We might even tempt you to stay longer. Click here for more info.
Call: 1800 642 329