The Adelaide Hills offers plenty of fun activities to engage children of all ages. From climbing a giant rocking horse or cuddling a koala, to finding the best playground; you are bound to find something for everyone.
For the Littlies:
- Hahndorf Farm Barn - At Hahndorf Farm Barn kids can feed a range of farm and exotic animals
- Beerenberg Strawberry Farm - Pick your own Strawberries, yum!
- Cleland Wildlife Park - Hold a snake, lizard or even cuddle a koala every day of the week
- Gorge Wildlife Park - See all your favourite Australian animals, such as Tasmanian devils, wombats, dingos, echidnas and more
- The Big Rocking Horse and Toy Factory - Climb a huge rocking horse or visit the wooden toy factory, wildlife park and café
- Platform 1 Heritage Farm Railway - At Littlehampton also offers a taste of farm life with the added bonus of a miniature train ride and interactive railway displays
- Monarto Zoo - Monarto Zoo is the largest open-range zoo in the world and is home to more than 500 animals, and 50 exotic and native mammals, birds and reptiles.
For the Bigger Kids:
- National Motor Museum - is an automobile museum in Birdwood and is Australia's largest motor museum, with over 300 vehicles on display.
- Mount Lofty Summit - the majestic peak of the Mount Lofty Ranges in the Adelaide Hills, provides spectacular panoramic views across Adelaide's city skyline to the coast. Visit the cafe, explore the interactive visitor centre or follow the popular walk down to Waterfall Gully.
- Steamranger Heritage Railway - operates a number of different heritage steam and diesel hauled tourist trains between Mt Barker and Strathalbyn and on through the coastal holiday towns of Goolwa and Port Elliot to the popular town of Victor Harbor.
- Melbas Chocolate Factory - A working tourism chocolate and confectionery factory located in a heritage listed complex at Woodside.
- Adelaide Hills Slot Raceway - This place truly is a ‘family hobby centre’, because you can not only hire the cars and track time, but you can also purchase Scalextric cars, parts to build your own, model cars, Airfix, Revell, Resin kits, modelling tools, paints, parts and accessories, seek advice, play arcade amusements, cold drinks, hot drinks, snacks, exchange stories or just marvel at the hundreds of models built over a lifetime.
- Steamroller Park, Stirling
- Keith Stevenson Park, Mt Barker
- Apex Park Playground and Bike Track, Hawthorndene
- Belair Adventure Playground
- Alec Johnson Park, Hahndorf
- Superplay Indoor Café, Mt Barker