Wine Me, Dine Me in Bowen, Whitsundays
Did you know that Bowen in the Whitsundays is known as the "Salad Bowl" of North Queensland? Tomatoes, capsicums, beans, sweet corn, melons, eggplant and our famous mangoes are all grown abundantly in Bowen providing fresh produce locally, Australia wide and internationally.
Bowen is also home to a beef industry featuring Brahman breeds which are prized for their eating quality both locally and overseas. Bowen also boasts a thriving fishing industry with world class sustainable aquaculture producing some of the best seafood in the world.
You can taste the delicious difference in our locally sourced produce at local farmers' markets, restaurants, supermarkets and award winning cafes.
Eat fresh locally sourced food in Bowen.
BIG4 Bowen Coral Coast Beachfront Holiday Park is ideally located in the heart of the Whitsundays so you can discover and taste the amazing array of fresh fruits and vegetables, locally grown beef and locally caught seafood which is abundant in this tropical paradise. Visit the farms directly on a local Whitsunday Food Trail or explore at your leisure. You can even catch a fresh fish directly off our waterfront at BIG4 Bowen - where we even provide fishing rod holders - and then you can test your culinary skills on one of our undercover waterfront BBQ's.
Here are some of the delicious foodie must sees and dos when you're visiting Bowen:
- Visit the Big Mango! Bowen Tourism Information Centre. Taste a delicious selection of mango treats including their refreshing Mango Sorbet. Open Daily. 236 Bruce Hwy, Bowen. (07) 4786 4222
- Le Sorelle - The Sisters - A boutique Coffee House & Florist. Owned and operated by two local ladies and sisters. Home-style breakfast, lunch, dessert and of course fabulous coffee! All food baked fresh on the premises. Their gorgeous florist and gift store offers flowers to suit any occasion and gourmet fudge made in-store. Open Daily. 52 Richmond Road, Bowen. (07) 4786 120
- Catch a fresh fish from the waterfront at BIG4 Bowen and cook it on the waterfront BBQ to share with family and friends.
- Munch popcorn whilst watching the latest movie releases at the historic Summergarden Theatre, an art deco delight built in 1948 and host the world premiere of Baz Lurhman's famous movie filmed in Bowen, "Australia"! Bowen Cinemas. 40 Murroona St, Bowen. (07) 4785 1241
For more low key dining, check out Meraki Cafe & Beach Bar. This laid back beachfront cafe serves delicious food and drinks with the prettiest beach views in Bowen! Try their famous thickshakes and scrumptious meals! Open every day except Monday for breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee and drinks. Also available for functions and fully licensed to get your party started! There's great snorkelling right off the beach here so remember to pack your swim gear. Horseshoe Bay Rd, Bowen. (07) 4786 2565
Cook up a feast on one of the free BBQ's on the Bowen Foreshore where you can watch the paddle boarders, windsurfers, waterskiiers and sailors. The kids will love the skate park and waterpark so remember to pack your swimwear, towels and board.
For a delicious homemade pie you can't go past Jochheims Bakery Cafe who have been making award winners for over 50 years! Open Mon-Sat for pies, coffee, hot bread and cakes. 49 George Street, Bowen. (07) 4786 1227.
Celebrate your success with a drink and snack at the Bowen Golf Club, a stunning 9 hole course with breathtaking views over Queens Beach. Open daily for meals, coffee and drinks. Golf Links Rd, Bowen. (07) 4785 1206.
If you don't manage to catch your own, you can buy local fresh Coral Coast barramundi and more to enjoy in your villa or van at Arabon Seafood. Open daily. Boat Harbour Drive, Bowen. (07) 4786 6706
Check out Bowen Fishermans Seafood Co. Select from the freshest local seafood to take home. Or enjoy fresh fish and chips cooked to order and a BYO drink at "Birds Fish Bar" overlooking the beautiful Bowen Marina. Boat Harbour, Bowen. (07) 4786 4631.
Angus Quality Butchers is your first stop for prime quality locally sourced meats for your waterview BBQ at BIG4 Bowen or down on the Bowen Waterfront. Open Mon-Sat. 74 Herbert St, Bowen. (07) 4786 5676
For more spectacular views dine at The Cove Restaurant and Bar which features a predominantly Chinese menu and offers banquet functions. Takeaway also available. Coral Cove Apartments. Horseshoe Bay, Bowen. 07 4786 3842.
If you fancy some great "pub grub" a visit to the famous Grandview Hotel Bowen is a must. Established in 1863, this grand hotel lives up to its name and featured in the movie "Australia". Enjoy delicious lunches and dinners 7 days a week. Admire the views of the Bowen foreshore and check out the historic photos taken during the filming of the movie. 5 Herbert Street, Bowen. (07) 4786 4022.
The Larrikin Hotel is open daily for a casual lunch or dinner. 69 Herbert Street, Bowen. (07) 4786 4323.
The Denison Hotel also known as The Bowen Hotel offers family friendly bistro lunches and dinners 7 days. 55 Powell Street, Bowen. (07) 4786 1533.
For the freshest wholesale and retail seasonal fruit, vegetables and herbs sourced from local growers, check out the huge variety at Bowen Fresh 2U. You can order online and they also deliver. 18484 Bruce Hwy. Bowen South. (07) 4786 3005.
Love coffee? Did you know that the Whitsundays is home to one of Australia's largest coffee plantations and home to "THE GREAT BARRIER BEAN"? Visit Whitsunday Gold Coffee and taste their award winning coffee in the North Queensland Plantation Style Coffee Shop & Roastery. Book a tour, see their environmentally sustainable farming practices and trace the fascinating journey of the coffee bean, from tree to cup! Open daily. 12505 Bruce Highway, Proserpine. (Less than 1 hour's drive from BIG4 Bowen). (07) 4945 4188
- Secret Spot....Montes Reef Resort. Just one hour's drive from BIG4 Bowen (or faster if you can scoot across the bay in a boat), you'll discover the idyllic Montes Reef Resort where you can savour a fabulous seafood platter overlooking the aquamarine waters of the Coral Sea. Definitely worth the drive for a special lunch. 2248 Gloucester Ave, Gloucester Passage via Hydeaway Bay. (07) 4945 7177
Call: 1800 602 469
BIG4 Bowen is the ideal base to explore new tastes
- Absolute Beach Frontage
- Breathtaking Scenery
- Close to Shopping Precinct
- Close to Tourist Attractions
- Golf Course
- Groups Welcome
- Internet Kiosk
- Kids Activities
- Landscaped Gardens
- No Highway Noise
- Quiet and relaxing location
- Scenic Walks
- Security Boom Gate
- Short Walk to Beach
- Spectacular Location
- Surrounded by National Parks
- Only minutes walk from the town centre
- Wide selection of accommodation available
- Baby Bath
- Cot available for hire (on request)
- DVD Players
- Fully Self Contained Kitchen
- DVD Hire
- Board Games
- Craft Making
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Face Painting
- Games Room
- Kids Activities
- Kids Movies
- Swimming Pool
- Toddlers Pool
- Walking Tracks
- Friendly Guest Get Togethers
- Happy Hour
- Air Conditioner
- All Linen provided
- Balcony/ Courtyard/ Veranda
- BBQ - Private
- Bedrooms separate from living area
- Bunk Beds
- Ceiling Fan
- Coffee Plunger
- Cooking Utensils
- Cutlery and Crockery
- Dining Table & Chairs
- Disabled Facilities: please call park for further information
- Double Bed
- Fridge/ Freezer
- Fully Self Contained Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Internet - wireless
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor Setting
- Queen Bed
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Welcome Tea, Coffee and Sugar
- Grass Sites
- Concrete Slab on sites
- Power Outlet(s)
- Water Tap
- Tree/ Shaded Site
- Beach or Water Frontage
- Outdoor Table and Chairs
- Car parking - On Site
- History & Heritage
- Outdoor Activities and Adventure
- Family Fun
- Food and Wine
- Arts, Culture and Entertainment
- Pool - Solar Heated
- Camp Kitchen
- Convenience Store/Kiosk
- Public Transport Nearby
- Tourist Information and/or Bookings
- BIG4 Club Local Benefits
- Small - Motorhome Friendly Sites (up to 10m wide x
- Bait for sale
- Board Games Available
- Clothes line
- Go Karts (unpowered)