Top 10 Things to Do in Airlie Beach
Welcome to one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in the world!
There are literally hundreds of different activities or tours that you can choose from. What we’ve listed here is our personal “Top 10”. But if there is something specific you’d like to do then just ask - we’re sure to find
something to suit.
An array of activities to enjoy!
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and experience one of nature’s greatest wonders. And for those who have never snorkelled before here’s your chance. You’ll never ever forget the experience and it really is much easier than you might think. Enjoy!
- Go sailing! You’re in one of the most famous sailing destinations in the world, and it is without a doubt the most relaxing and peaceful way to experience the extraordinary natural beauty of the islands. There’s a number of yachts offering day sails, or for the ultimate... a 3 day/2 night fully crewed charter (there’s something for every budget).
- Take the Bicentennial Boardwalk from the Airlie Beach Lagoon right around to the Cannonvale Foreshore for a coffee at the Fat Frog Beach Cafe and some of the most spectacular scenery you could hope to imagine. It’s an easy stroll that passes by Abell Point Marina and the Shingley Beach precinct.
- Visit the best beach in the world! Whitehaven Beach has to be seen to be believed; it is truly one of nature’s marvels... 7km of the finest pure white silica sand, and crystal clear water...pristine and unspoiled.
- We are blessed with some truly spectacular National Park walks... Coral Beach and Mt Rooper at Shute Harbour and the stunning Kingfisher Track, which is a small section of the Whitsunday Great Walk from Brandy Creek. These trails are well graded and relatively easy – even for a family. Ask at Reception for directions.
- A scenic flight over the islands and outer Great Barrier Reef is one of the most remarkable experiences of a lifetime... the colour of the water, the beauty of the islands and the tapestry of the reef create an image that is truly unforgettable.
- Visit the Airlie Beach markets – every Saturday morning along the foreshore on The Esplanade. It’s a great place to pick up fresh vegies and delicious exotic fruits as well as some great handmade crafts.
- Show your adventurous side by experiencing a tour with a difference! Choose from a range of watersports including jetski tours, sea kayaking or stand up paddle boarding. The choices are endless!
- Why not Segway your way along the scenic boardwalk or through the spectacular Conway National Park rainforest along the Whitsunday Great Walk.
- Explore the wonders of “Pros Vegas” or otherwise known as Proserpine. There are many sights to behold including Peter Faust Dam (great place for a picnic with the family and fishing spot!), Historical Proserpine Museum, where you can learn about the interesting history of this sugar cane and cattle town and lets not forget the one and only Colour Me Crazy that will simply dazzle you!!!! + Cherie Baby Babywear and Ginger + Blonde Clothing and Homewear. Finish or start the day with a coffee or lunch at Whitsunday Gold Coffee, with a great kids area and menu range.