For the safety of our valued guests and team and to comply with current COVID-19 restrictions, please rest assured that BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is staying updated with hygiene practices directed by Queensland Health and we have been proudly accredited as a COVID Clean Practicing Business. For more information regarding these requirements please feel free to visit the Government website.
In-line with these official guidelines, guests at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort must abide by the
In-line with these official guidelines, guests at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort must abide by the following:
If you or someone you are with feels unwell:
Call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
Please also let our Resort Management know
If you/they have severe difficulty breathing, call triple zero (000) immediately and tell the call handler and the paramedics on arrival about your/their recent travel history and any close contact*
with a person with confirmed or probable*
COVID-19 (*refer to healthdirect.gov.au for definitions).
All guests are encouraged to have downloaded and activated the COVIDSafe app and keep bluetooth switched on at all times during their stay.
Social Distancing and Limiting Contact
- Social distancing requirements apply, including guests and staff remaining 1.5m apart from each other. In order to achieve this, please:
- Ensure you stand on the marked areas on the Reception floor. If there are no available areas, please wait outside.
- Ensure only one person, per booking, enters the Reception or Shop area. Contact our friendly Frogettes by phone on (07) 4948 5400 to reduce visits to our Reception or Shop.
- For the time being, we are preferring to remain ‘cashless’. Please arrange payment via credit card or BPAY, prior to your stay. Items purchased during your stay will be added to your account and charged to your credit card on file on your departure.
Groups and/or gatherings are permitted within the resort; however all groups and guests must observe the current social distancing rules of 1.5m distance a part; this includes the playground, jumping pillows, BBQ’s, camp kitchen and amenities (including showers, toilets, laundries, etc). Children must be supervised at all times in the Resort, to ensure adherence to social distancing.
We thank you for following procedures set in place to accommodate Government Regulations.
Practice Good Hand Hygiene
Hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before and after any contact with surfaces that are used by more than one person. Hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes are provided at several stations around the Resort for your use.
Follow Health Department guidelines:
Hand rub with sanitiser
Use Good Respiratory Hygiene
Avoid touching your face and make sure you and the people around you follow good respiratory hygiene.
This means covering your mouth and nose when you cough and/or sneeze with:
- A tissue that you put in the bin straight after use
- Your bent elbow
Respiratory hygiene is important because droplets spread the virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you “catch” any droplets that might be produced, and this protects people around you.
Cleaning and Disinfection During Your Stay
You are responsible for maintaining good cleaning and disinfection practices in your accommodation, camp site or caravan during your stay – this includes:
PLEASE NOTE: Guests have the same duty of care as the employees of
BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort; this is everyone’s responsibility.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (eg: tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent and water prior to disinfection. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products.
- If possible, have those suspected of, or confirmed with COVID-19 stay in a specific room away from others in the caravan, and use a separate bathroom, where available. In situations where using separate rooms is not available, keep beds at least 2m apart, use temporary barriers between beds (such as curtains), and request that all residents sleep head-to-toe.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as towels, dishes and bedding.