Cairns by Bike!
Cairns is the ultimate destination for safe and easy cycling experiences for all levels of activity and fitness. Pack your bikes and come and explore some of the gorgeous bike paths throughout the region, with over hundreds of kilometres you'll be spoilt for choice.
Meander alongside waterfalls, freshwater streams, rainforest clad mountains, lush tropical gardens and palm fringed sandy white beaches - all are guaranteed to please!
Bike Riding is very popular in Cairns
Cairns is a wonderful place to get out and be active! There are plenty of courses around town to choose from, ranging from the beach to the rainforest with pathways starting at our front entrance! The Cairns Walking and Cycling Circuit has been developed to provide enjoyable recreation activities within central Cairns through off-road walking and cycling paths.
The routes take in the Esplanade lagoon, the foreshore to the Cairns Botanic Gardens, Cairns Centenary Lakes, along scenic waterways including Lily Creek and Saltwater Creek, and past regional sporting centres.
- Brinsmead to Redlynch return 15.5km
- Clifton Beach 12.5km
- Clifton Beach 15.4km
- Clifton Beach 19km
- Clifton Beach 20km
- Freshwater/Lake Placid 14km
- Lake Placid 16km
- Redlynch 9.6km
- Edge Hill 10km
- Edge Hill 18km
- Edge Hill 20km
- Esplanade 4km
- Esplanade 10.2km
- Earlville 12.6km
- Edmonton 12.6km
- Mt Sheridan 17.3km
- White Rock 12.3km
Or, if you prefer to go off the beaten track, there are also plenty of mountain biking tracks through the Cairns and Hinterlands bush.
- Smithfield Mountain Bike Trail Park, Cairns: 60 kilometres of trails seamlessly sculpted into its rainforest surround
- Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park: Dipping into gullies and creeks and rising to the ridge lines of the surrounding hills, there is 30 kilometres of off-road tracks to explore
- Davies Creek Trail Network, Mareeba: With a few tough climbs to negotiate, riders can cool off with a dip in Davies Creek or have a rest at the nearby camping grounds
- The Bump Track, Port Douglas: an unforgettable adventure through ancient forests, past serene waterfalls and finishes with a ride along Four Mile Beach
- Paluma to Hidden Valley, The Cassowary Coast: hurtle through World Heritage rainforest on the Paluma to Hidden Valley trail
We've got maps, plus all of the other information you'll need right here at Crystal Cascades. So if you're planning a trip, pack your bike and ask us for the best local knowledge.
Call: 1800 351 376