Customers who book a break on BIG4.com.au will be covered by the BIG4 COVID-19 Flexi Booking Policy and the BIG4 Brand Promise, see the 'what you need to know' section, below, for more details.
COVID-19 Flexi Booking Policy: Withstanding rights under consumer law, guests will have the option to select a new date for their existing booking or accept a credit valid for up to 12 months should any of the below criteria impact their planned stay: • You or an immediate family member becomes sick with COVID–19 • You are forced into self-isolation • You are awaiting the results of a COVID–19 test or • A State Government or Commonwealth Government directive is issued and means you are no longer able to travel to or from your destination. Any difference in booking value will need to be paid direct to the park as per their usual booking terms and conditions. To request either a change to booking dates or to receive a credit for a future booking in relation to the COVID-19 Flexible Cancellation Policy the customer will need to contact the park directly. To utilise this policy a guest must: • Have made their booking on BIG4.com.au, and • Where requested, provide proof to the park where the booking is held of COVID-19 impact as listed above. Any cancellation which is deemed not applicable to the Flexible Cancelation Policy will need to comply with parks usual terms and conditions: Failure to receive the final balance payment 30 days prior to your arrival will result in the automatic cancellation of your reservation and the forfeit of the deposit. Cancellations of a booking received more than 30 days prior to the arrival date, can be processed in 2 ways: The deposit amount is refundable, less a $30 administration fee, or
The full deposit amount is held as a credit to put towards a future stay within 6 months. Cancellations received within 30 days of your arrival date will result in the forfeit of the deposit and full balance paid.
In-Park-Perks are subject to availability and the discount is on selected tours only, please visit the member discount page or contact us for current tours.
We strongly recommend that you take out Travel Insurance in the unforeseen event that your plans should change and you are no longer able to stay with us when originally planned. Please see T&C below.
Deposit Policy for Online Bookings: A valid credit card must be provided during the booking process, which will be forwarded to our reservations team securely for processing.
Telephone or Email Bookings: A deposit is required at the time of booking, with full payment required 30 days prior to arrival. For reservations made within 30 days of arrival, the full payment is required at the time of booking. Deposits can be paid by credit card over the telephone (we accept Visa and Mastercard a bank merchant service fee of 1% (inc GST) will apply to all payments made by Visa Card or MasterCard) or direct deposit. Personal cheques or money orders will only be accepted if received 28 days prior to arrival. Should a deposit not be received by its due date, your reservation will be cancelled.
Change of Dates Terms:
Early departure: No refunds will be given should you decide to cut your stay short, particularly during peak periods when minimum stays apply.
Security Deposit for all Accommodation: A valid Visa or Mastercard will be required on check-in. Your card will be held securely on file as a security deposit on unpaid balances, damages or excessive cleaning.
Group Bookings: Special conditions apply as agreed with our Groups and Events Manager.
Visitor Policy: We are very passionate about ensuring that our guests have exclusive use of the park’s resort facilities. With that in mind, day visitors are only allowable if they are visiting a guest staying within the park and then a nominal day-use fee applies. We ask that you please check with reception prior to arranging any visitors, as during peak times we do not allow day visitors. We thank you for your cooperation.
1. Bunk Beds: Please be advised that under Workplace Health and Safety obligations we must comply with the Australian Standard AS/NZS 4220:2003 which states “children under the age of nine years are not permitted to use the top bunk, children must not play on the top bunk". Please take this into consideration when making your booking.
2. Occupants: The quoted tariff is based on the number of adults and children provided at the time of booking. Should the number vary, the tariff may alter. Please note, that for cabins a maximum number of occupants applies for each cabin style, as noted on our website. These maximums include infants and cannot be exceeded. For sites, up to eight occupants (maximum four adults) per site. All bookings at the resort must include one adult (over 18 years of age) in the reservation and all children must be accompanied by an adult during their stay.
3. Check-in time is 2pm for cabins and 11am for sites. Check-out time is 10am. Every effort is made to accommodate guests arriving before the check-in time, however cabins/sites may not be immediately available. Requests for late check-outs are subject to availability. Should it be possible to offer a late check-out, a late departure charge may be applicable.
4. Office hours are 7:30am-6pm (time may vary dependant upon the season). Should you be arriving outside of these hours just let us know and we’ll make special arrangements. Please note, that BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is closed on Christmas Day. Arrivals and departures cannot be scheduled for this day.
5. BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is a family-orientated resort, so with this in mind, a 10pm noise curfew applies to ensure enjoyment for all guests. A BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort representative is accessible 24 hours a day for emergencies.
6. All accommodation, sites and facilities are non-smoking.
7. Sorry, but pets are not permitted.