As the weather is now starting to warm up, we’d like to encourage you to head outdoors for a short (or snack-able) road trip before the hectic (and kid-filled) summer holidays hit! Keen? Then take a look at the awesome current specials we have on offer.
Here’s our best hints and tips to ensure your road trip and break at our holiday park is one to remember. BIG4 Deniliquin is a pleasurable 3.5 hour drive from Melbourne, 2 hours from Bendigo and just 50 minutes from Echuca. On your way to the park, there are some really great things to see.
- At Rochester, just north of Bendigo, take a detour to see the huge, painted silos featuring a stunning squirrel glider and an azure kingfisher.
- The Reed Beds Bird Hide Boardwalk at Mathoura, in between Echuca and Deniliquin on the Cobb Highway, is a birdwatcher's paradise and a great spot to stop at.
- When you enter Deniliquin, you can’t go past having a look at the newly-painted water tower mural in Scott’s Park, 44 Whitelock Street. The giant-size kookaburra and campfire murals are just incredible!
- Deni now has a fantastic 12km mountain bike trail network. Winding through the Murray Valley Regional Park, these trails offer a single-track experience for skilled riders. Don't have a bike? Free bike hire is available at the Peppin Heritage Centre in George Street.
- Don’t miss out on seeing the unique Mosaic Ute next to the Heritage Centre and the famous ‘ute on a pole’ in Charlotte Street.
- The Deniliquin & District Historical Society Museum at 3 Macauley Street has an extensive display and historical record of Deniliquin, and the centrally located Island Sanctuary has over 100 species of birds to look out for.
When you stay at the park, you can choose from a comfortable cabin, villa or caravan site
, some with exceptional views of the Edward River
. BIG4 Deni also has dog friendly sites
outside of peak and high season at the manager’s discretion, just ask prior to arrival.
Our park is beautifully landscaped with our own pontoon boat
for hire so you can explore the Edward River at your leisure. Facilities
include a large camp kitchen and outdoor barbecues with awesome happy hour views. Our fun activities
include a heated water park with dumping bucket, water slide, two swimming pools (one heated and the resort pool has a beach entry and lap swimming lanes), mini golf course, jumping pillow, playground, tennis/basketball court and a giant chess board.
Take a road trip to our place, a friendly and affordable spot for all holidaymakers including couples, DINKS, retirees, skiers and fishermen.
BIG4 Deni, the place to change your pace.