Grey Nomads Love BIG4 Tweed Billabong
The Tweed/Coolangatta region is an excellent choice for grey nomads, as it is situated right next to all the major bowls clubs, golf clubs and restaurants. The International Bowls Tournament at Tweed Heads Bowls Club is held each winter and there is no shortage of shows to choose from at Twin Towns.
Each year in June, Coolangatta holds the Cooly Rocks On Festival showcasing classic cars and rock 'n' roll nostalgia, it’s one not to be missed!
Many grey nomads come back year after year for the community feeling of the park and of course the fantastic sunny weather! Many have become life long friends and love the yearly catch up.
Grey Nomads travelling Australia
The winter activities program we run here at the park is one of the big attractions that brings our guests back year after year. It helps build a sense of community amongst our grey nomad guests and creates friendships that last a lifetime.
Examples of some of the activities on offer include:
- Morning teas each Wednesday by the pool.
- Drinks by the Billabong every night, and our singer Con on Saturday nights.
- Our main ‘Big Dinner’ (formerly Christmas in July).
- Trivia nights fortnightly.
- Pizza in the park.
- Various themed meals such as pancake breakfasts, high tea's and Mexican nights.
- Day trips exploring the local area.
- The 'Billabong Cup' - simulated horse racing with toy horses and dice.
- Croquet & Bocce - informal games organised by our nomads.
Our luxurious camp kitchen and lounge is a warm venue for all our events. Relax in front of the fire with a book, play cards with friends or have a drink on the deck.
Tweed Coolangatta Golf Club and Club Banora offer some of the cheapest and best golf on the coast. With five large clubs in the area, there's always something to do. All clubs offer excellent discounted meals and entertainment such as free movies, bingo and international music. Try out Twin Towns Services Club, Club Banora, Seagulls, Tweed Heads Bowls Club or South Tweed Sports Club.
Winter Long Stay Rates
We offer long stay rates for either four weeks, eight weeks, or 12 weeks for both sites and cabins.
Our large powered van sites are situated close to the amenities or we have large grass sites suitable for fifth wheelers. We also have ensuite sites available.
Why not stay a month or three?
We offer special rates just for our travelling seniors with heavily discounted rates for long stays.
Monthly rates are valid if you stay 28 days or more on sites or cabins. It’s great value for those traveling Australia and the ‘grey nomads’.
For example if you book a holiday of 4 weeks or more on one of our powered sites, the rates are $281 per week. Stay for 12 weeks or more and you'll pay just $267 per week (for winter 2019).
The Jumbuck cabins are $625 per week for 4 weeks or more and $490 per week for 12 weeks or more (for winter 2019).
- Only available for ‘seniors’ with a valid Australian Seniors card.
- Minimum stay 28 consecutive days. Maximum stay 112 days (if applicable).
- Available 6th May - 16th September 2019.
- Not valid in NSW/QLD September/October school holidays, Christmas holidays and Easter holidays (available in June/July holidays).
- BIG4 member discount is applicable (once only maximum discount of $50 on arrival for both Gold and Blue members).
Call: 1800 650 405
But wait there is more
- Friendly Guest Get Togethers
- Happy Hour
- Trivia Night
- Organised Games
- Convenience Store/Kiosk
- Tourist Information and/or Bookings
- BIG4 Club Local Benefits
- Laundries with Washing Machines & Dryers
Things to do around the area
- Golf Course
- Rainforest Walks
- Scenic Walks
- Rivers, Lakes and Waterways
- Outdoor Activities and Adventure
- Arts, Culture and Entertainment