Another great reason to have a long weekend at BIG4 Sunshine...
The Anzac long weekend (April 21st) And the long weekend in June we will be offering guests the opportunity to taste some of South West Rocks finest fare!
Cassegrain Winery will be holding a tasting event at our on site restaurant The Full Circle Eatery, so you can sample some local wines, with accompanying tasting plate from the restaurant and then stay for dinner with matching wines.
We are happy to offer a late check out on Monday or Tuesday for the long weekend so you can make the most of your stay with us.
Last but not least, you are given a tasting pack of Cassegrain Wines to take home or enjoy during your stay.
Why not try something new?
Sunshine: "Care" is the key that underpins the Sunshine philosophy. Care is what we do, how we do it, and why we do it.
Here at Sunshine, we are all about Family so we thought it would be nice to combine our family owned restaurant & a winery where the Senior winemaker is Alex Cassegrain for our Wine me, Dine me promotion.
Cassegrain Wines: "Make the Heart Rejoice"
A taste of tradition...
The Cassegrain family began winemaking in France in 1643, and for over 30 years we have combined our heritage of French grape growing and winemaking traditions with Australian technology to produce wines that are authentic to style, full flavoured, yet soft and elegant.
Descended from an old winemaking family in France, Cassegrain Wines uses a rich knowledge of traditional French winemaking methods combined with modern Australian technique and technology to create a diverse portfolio of wines. For over thirty years, Cassegrain has been led by industry pioneer John Cassegrain, whose French heritage and unique winemaking experience has shaped the distinctive house style.
Family tradition is a vital ingredient at the heart of the past, present and future of Cassegrain Wines. Above the entrance to our Cellar Door, you will find the historic Cassegrain family crest crafted in stained glass, along with the family motto in medieval french - "Je Resjois Les Cvers", (make the heart rejoice). This is the essence of the Cassegrain family and the wines they produce.
The Full Circle Eatery
Krystal Hennessy, who owns our on-site restaurant, has been living and working in South West Rocks for over 30 years. Her connection to the local fishermen ensures that only the freshest, local fish, seafood and ingredients are served. Josh, her brother, the head barista makes a creamy coffee, made from Artisti beans (roasted in Coffs Harbour) to be served with the best home-made cakes around, made by mum!
When he isnt a school, Sonny (aged 5!) is in charge of the cubby house and playground, completing 3 generations of great service in a warm family-friendly atmosphere.
Tasting plates on offer during the wine tasting will be dependent on local produce available, some possible dishes could be:
- Crispy Squid with black garlic aoili
- Soft Shell Crab with pickled fennel
- Crab Souffle with raspberry balsamic glaze
- Arancini - creamy risotto, mushrooms, roasted capsicum with shaved parmesan & full circle sauce.
- Pork Belly with peanut caramel
Wine Me, Dine Me Tasting Package Includes:
- Wine Tasting with Cassegrain Winery at The Full Circle
- Late Checkout of 12pm*
- Dinner Voucher for $50 (can be used for tasting plates, lunch or breakfast if prefferred!)
- Tasting Pack of Cassegrain Stone Range
- Value: Over $100! Cost for 2 people: $55
Terms & Conditions:
- Cost $55 for 2 adults.
- Dates currently available: Sunday June 11th 2017
- For new bookings - please select the Cassegrain Wine Package when you are booking online.
- For current bookings, plese call us on 1300 509 649 and we can add the pack for $55, or update your booking online here
- Late check out is subject to availabilty.
- BIG4 Member Discount does not apply to this extra.
Call: 1300 509 649