Explore the Macleay Valley
The Macleay Valley is full of stunning coastlines, gorgeous local markets, untouched rainforest and bush walks. The Mid North Coast is famous for our pristine beaches and laid back atmosphere, come and explore a wonderful corner of the world, you won't be disappointed!
THE MACLEAY VALLEY
Here's a few things we think you should check out on your visit while you're staying at Sunshine Resort:
- Tourist Drive 12: Crescent Head, Gladstone, South West Rocks, Arakoon National Park & Hat Head National Park - historic towns, famous surfing beaches, lookouts and so much more!
- The Slim Dusty Centre: Located in Kempsey is the tribute to the great Australian Icon - Slim Dusty. The centre exhibits object and images from the Kirkpatrick's family archives as well as items donated from fans all over the world.
- Crescent Head Surfing Reserve: Yes, there are still places in Australia where you can find a wave all to yourself!
- Enjoy the hinterland of Kempsey & all that the Macleay River has to offer: mountain ranges, clear creeks to swim in & plenty of fresh air.
- Hat Head Beach - only a 30 min drive from the resort, perfect place to snokel at high tide!
For even more to do around the Macleay Valley, visit the Macley Valley Coast wesbite - www.macleayvalleycoast.com.au/all-things-to-do/top-ten-things-to-do/