Dogs are welcome on application at Manager's discretion. Please contact us directly on 1800 931 822 to discuss your pet and travel needs.
Park Conditions for Pets
At BIG4 Colonial Holiday Park we allow you to treat your pet as a member of the family while staying with us. Please respect our cabins and the policies we have in place, so we can keep this privilege ongoing. Pets are welcome free of charge whether you are staying in a cabin or on a site.
Do you charge extra for animals?
No, we don’t charge extra for your pet.
What animals do you allow?
Dogs, Cats, Birds (For other animals please ask at the office)
Is there a limit to how many pets I can bring?
Yes, within reason. If you have more than 2 animals, please let the office know.
Do you have a size limit on pets?
No, we don’t.
How do I let you know I’m bringing a pet?
When making your booking online, please fill out the ‘pets’ section. When making a booking through the office, just let our staff know over the phone.
Are the cabins dog safe?
Yes, each cabin has a fully enclosed waist height fence around the verandah with gate perfect for allowing your dog to be securely outside.
Are there Ticks in the area?
Yes, this coastal area is known for ticks. If your dog or cat doesn’t have a tick preventative treatment, we suggest you treat them with one before visiting.
Are there dog friendly beaches in the area?
Yes, Harrington Beach and Crowdy Head Beach are both off leash dog friendly beaches. Dogs must be on a lead when walking through the patrolled area only.
- We charge a pre-authorisation of $50.00 on your credit card. If the cabin/villa is left in an unreasonable state OR our pet policy inside cabins is ignored you will be charged a cleaning fee. The pre-authorisation will be released upon inspection of cabin/villa being satisfactory.
- Pets are allowed inside of cabins however they are not allowed to be on any furniture or in carpeted bedrooms.
- Fees apply if your animal destroys any furniture or puts hair throughout the cabin. A broom is available in all cabins.
- Pets must have their own bed to sleep in.
- Pets must not be left by themselves at your cabin.
- Pets must not be taken into the amenities, laundry or BBQ area.
- Pets must not be left by themselves at your site.
- It is your responsibility to secure your pet.
- When walking through the park pets must be on a lead and under control at all times.
- Pets are not allowed within the pool area.
- Pets must not be taken into the camp kitchen.
- Owners must pick up after pet using a plastic bag and dispose of in the bin provided near the camp kitchen area.
- No washing of pet bedding in the laundries.
- Pets must be up to date with flea and tick treatments.
- Please respect your neighbours by keeping dog’s barking to a minimum.
- The office must be informed if you have a pet.