The BIG4 Forbes Holiday Park is an ideal location to break your journey, put your feed up and enjoy a some friendly country hospitality for a few days.
Our lush lawns and gardens, swimming pool, camp kitchens and friendly guests provide a great start. Then there are a host of local attractions and a rich history to explore.
We have put together some recommendations for your stay in Forbes.
While staying in Forbes, here is a short list of things that you can see and do while staying at our park
• Forbes Historical trail- beautiful buildings from the past
• Walk around Lake Forbes and feed the pelicans and ducks, throw a line in
• Visit Ben Hall and Kate Kelly’s final resting place at Forbes Cemetery, explore the rich history of days gone by - Bogan gate road 6mins from post office
• Visit the place where Ben Hall was shot. Very interesting history plaques mark the spot where he died. Bogan gate road, turn left Yarrabandai road, follow the signs to Ben halls Place. About 15km.
• Wool art at Spotlight next to Bunning’s. Very large mural using different coloured wools.
• McFeeters’ Motor Museum, cnr Newell Hwy and Oxford Street. 02 6852 3001
• Wine tasting, gift shop Honey sales McFeeters’ Museum
• The Dish- Parkes Dish Satellite – 1 Hours drive 02 6861 1777
• Eugowra Historical Museum –Old wares Pye Street Eugowra 25 minute drive 02 6859 2820 Wed- Sun
• Eugowra Township- amazing murals and quaint shops, the largest gold robbery was conducted there. In today’s standards its worth around 5milllion dollars. Fabulous plaques telling of the local history
• Guided tour through Peak Hill open cut gold mine
• Forbes Historical Museum 11 Cross Street Forbes 2- 4 pm daily 02 6851 6600
• Utes in the paddock at Ootha, Mulgutherie Road, near Condobolin, 1 hour 10 mins
• The Japanese garden at Cowra, 1hour ten minutes drive
• Japanese War cemetery Cowra
• POW camp Cowra
• Visit the Bird Hide- 20mins drive or 4km as the crow flies-view up to 60-70 species of birds within a few hours
• Take a walk around or a guided tour at the Forbes livestock exchange.
Cattle sales Monday; Sheep Tuesday, Pigs Friday fortnightly.
• Take in our amazing bird life in the park – Superb Blue Wrens, varieties of finches and honeyeaters. You can spot them at the front of the park, around the pillow and pool.