17 reasons why dogs make great travel companions
There are plenty of dog lovers within the BIG4 family, and we love it when we can enjoy pet-friendly holiday adventures. In fact, some among us even cheekily suggest that our dogs make better travel buddies than our partners!
All this love for our pooch pals got us thinking – what is it about dogs that make them such great travel companions?
The subject is even more pertinent now that more than a third of BIG4 Holiday Parks offer pet-friendly accommodation. So let’s pay tribute to Rover, Rex, Ruby, Randy, Ralph, Roxy, and Rollie with 17 reasons why dogs make the best travel buddies.
1. Dogs are always excited about a holiday.
2. Yet travel light.
3. Dogs don’t ask ‘are we there yet?’.
4. And don’t complain if it’s raining.
5. They never grumble that the walk is too long.
6. Or that the water is too cold.
7. Although dogs make friends with ease…
8. …They never forget their roots.
9. Dogs are always fun to play with.
10. And patiently wait for you to finish socialising.
11. They’re always happy to pose for photos.
12. And love a good ol’ afternoon nap.
13. Dogs never talk back!
14. Not only are dogs always happy to see you in the morning…
15. …They don’t hog the bathroom.
16. Dogs are always there to share your most memorable holiday experiences.
17. And are sure to be with you at the end of the day.
If you’re going to embark on holidays with dogs, it all starts with BIG4.
Find & book your holiday accommodation with BIG4
Estimating your equipment size
We are looking for an estimate of the size of your Caravan, Motorhome, Camper Trailer, Tent etc. once it has been set up or fully extended (outside to outside)... excluding your vehicle.
Caravans, Motorhomes, Camper Vans, Camper Trailers
Please include your tow/draw bar in the estimate.
Widths are generally around 4 – 5 metres (13.12 – 16.4 feet).
Note: Include annexes of pullouts in width.
|Caravans||4 – 12 metres (13.12 – 39.37 feet)|
|Motorhomes||7 – 14 metres (22.97 – 45.93 feet)|
|Campervans||5 – 7 metres (16.40 – 22.97 feet)|
|Fifth wheelers||7 – 14 metres (22.97 – 45.93 feet)|
|Camper Trailers||5 – 8 metres (16.40 – 26.25 feet)|
Note: Do not include the size of the tent pegs
|1 person||1 × 2.5 metres (3.28 × 8.20 feet)|
|2 person||1.5 × 2.5 metres (4.92 × 8.20 feet)|
|3 person||3 × 2.5 metres (9.84 × 8.20 feet)|
|4 person||4.5 × 2.5 metres (14.76 × 8.20 feet)|
|5 person||6 × 3 metres (19.69 × 9.84 feet)|
|6+ person||7 × 4.5 metres (22.97 × 14.76 feet)|
Please be advised that Site sizes vary from park to park and within each park. Sites will be allocated based on the measurements provided during the booking process and it is the responsibility of the guest to ensure estimates are as close to accurate as possible.
If you are unsure, we would prefer you to overestimate or give us a call on 1300 738 044