BIG4 Rules of Occupancy With Your Dog
With the comfort and well being of all our guests in mind, BIG4 has a standard set of rules for guests who wish to bring their dog to a BIG4 Holiday Park that accepts dogs.
Guests travelling with dogs are required to contact the park directly in advance and apply to bring their dog with them on their stay. Special conditions may apply for each park including date restrictions and dogs will be welcomed at each park at the manager’s discretion.
Q I’m travelling with my dog. How do I make a booking?
A The process is easy. Select a BIG4 Holiday Park that accepts dogs, identifiable by the dogs welcome icon. Before you arrive, contact the park directly to see if there is availability and make a reservation for you and your dog.
On arrival at the park, dog owners will be required to sign an agreement which outlines the rules relating to your stay at this particular park. A security deposit may also apply. Dogs will be welcomed at the managers’ discretion.
Find a BIG4 Holiday Park that welcomes dogs.
These rules are the minimum BIG4 standards and requirements for our four legged guests. Special conditions may apply on a per park basis.
- The dog owner must contact the park directly in advance of arrival to apply to have their dog accepted in that particular BIG4 Member Park. Upon arrival it is the managers’ discretion as to accept the dog in the park. Upon acceptance by the park manager the dog owner must then agree to and sign the standard ‘BIG4 Dog Policy Dog Owner Agreement’ document. It will not be possible under such rules to book with a dog on BIG4.com.au.
- The dog must be supervised at all times and never left unattended including inside a tent or van or other accommodations.
- The dog must be leashed at all times whilst not in your van or tent or other accommodations. No exceptions. A leash must be no more than two metres in length. This includes no dog ‘runs’ to be set up dog owners.
- For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed in any common areas of the park including: cafes, pool areas, games rooms, camp kitchens, amenities, playgrounds, reception or any public areas.
- Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s waste in a sealed ‘doggy do’ plastic bag and disposed of in rubbish bins. These bags may be purchased from reception.
- For health and safety reasons dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere within the park (unless a designated dog wash area has been provided). Additionally, any dog related accessories such dog blankets, etc should not be washed or cleaned within the park.
- Dog owners are personally responsible, and will be held to be so, for any and all personal injuries and/or property damage or losses in relation to any actions by or because of their dog.
- Dogs may only be walked in the designated areas of the park. Dogs are not to be walked around the park, including exiting the park except via a designated route.
- The dog owner must agree that the park owner/manager reserves the right to evict any guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, and aggressive or the subject of complaints from other guests. It is the dog owner’s responsibility and the dog owner’s alone to control and manage their dog. If in the view of the park management this has not happened to an acceptable level the owner and the dog may be evicted from the park, without prior warning, immediately at the manager’s discretion.