BIG4 Terms & Conditions when Travelling with Pets
To ensure the safety, comfort, and wellbeing of all its guests, BIG4 has a standard set of terms & conditions for those who wish to bring their dog to a pet-friendly BIG4 Holiday Park.
These conditions are the minimum BIG4 standards and requirements for guests travelling with dogs. Special conditions will also apply on an individual park basis.
- The dog owner must contact the park directly in advance of arrival to apply to have their dog accepted in that particular BIG4 Holiday Park. Special conditions may apply for each park, including date restrictions and the payment of a security deposit.
- Upon arrival at the park, the dog’s acceptance will be at the Manager’s discretion. Upon acceptance by the Park Manager, the dog owner must then agree to and sign the standard ‘BIG4 Dog Policy Dog Owner Agreement’ form. It will not be possible under such rules to book with a dog on BIG4.com.au
- Dogs must be supervised at all times and never left unattended, including inside a tent, van or other accommodation.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while not in a van or tent or other accommodation: there are no exceptions. A leash must be no more than two metres in length. No dog ‘runs’ are to be operated by dog owners.
- For health and safety reasons, dogs are not allowed in any common areas of the park, including cafes, pool areas, games rooms, camp kitchens, amenities, playgrounds, reception, or any public areas.
- Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s waste in a sealed ‘doggy do’ plastic bag and disposed of in rubbish bins. These bags may be purchased from Reception.
- For health and safety reasons, dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere within the park (unless a designated dog wash area has been provided). Additionally, any dog-related accessories such as dog blankets should not be washed or cleaned within the park.
- Dog owners are personally responsible, and will be held to be so, for any and all personal injuries and/or property damage or losses in relation to any actions caused by or because of their dog.
- Dogs may only be walked in the designated areas of the park. Dogs are not to be walked around the park, including exiting the park, except via a designated route.
- The dog owner must agree that the Park Manager reserves the right to evict any guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, and aggressive or the subject of a complaint/s from other guests. It is the dog owner’s sole responsibility to control and manage their dog. If in the view of park management this has not happened to an acceptable level, the owner and the dog may be evicted from the park immediately.